Cold Shoulder

varsityperfecto STREET-STYLE-LEATHER-MOTO-JACKET-OVER-THE-SHOULDERS-PARIS-FASHION-WEEK-RAY-BAN-WAYFARER-SUNGLASSES-LAYERED-NECKLACES-SIMPLE-WHITE-DRESS-PEEK-A-BOO-BRA-METALLIC-WAIST-THIN-BELT-SMALL-CHAIN-CHANEL-CROSS-BODY-SHOULDER-BAG-RED-NAILS 264772 269149 11011ElC_4269Web1
Images via: 1.jak & jil, 2.who what wear, 3.stockholm street style 4.stockholm street style 5.the sartorialist

For months now, my attention has been drawn to how coats, lettermans, blazers, trenches, and capes alike have all taken seat atop the shoulders of those who don them. And to be frank, I'm really digging it. While I realize this is not a new trend and it has been around for multiple decades - my late grandma always wore her cardigan this way - I am wow'ed by the power of a styling cue turned trend and even more so by how easy it is to find this look when searching street style. I have yet to adorn my shoulders with a cape-esque blazer/coat, but I have an inkling I will be doing so very soon - even if just for the sake of feeling poised and looking all too busy to slide my arms through, ha!