Swim Week // Outfit Post 4

IMG_1495LO IMG_1517LO IMG_1520lo IMG_1503LO*Pics by: Mayleen

What I wore: Top: Local boutique: The Closet Boutique, Crochet shorts: Gifted, Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, Sunglasses: Wildfox, Bag: Thrifted, Turban: old scarf worn as turban, Necklace: Bananista

Sometimes I plan outfits in my head before trying anything on and most of the time when I do physically put them together, I am pleased with the outcome. This would be one of those looks that I mentally whipped up but was happy that it even dawned on me. I have a hippie side that doesn't usually shine through on all my looks and this outfit gave me just the right dose of hippie/music festival girl meets swim week goer - or as I like to call the hybrid "Swimchella".

The sleeves were surprisingly not an inconvenience with the humid weather and I love the mix of textures between the sleeve cuffs and shorts! Also, making a turban using an old scarf is a new favorite styling tip of mine - you should try it too!