Holy cow, NY is calling!

oxfordfraj
If you take anything away from reading this, let it be this: Never underestimate the power of social media and the internet.

Okay, now you can read this:
A couple of months ago I received an email from an assistant NY photo editor, for get this... none other than the amazing site, Refinery29. The Refinery29. This editor somehow found my blog and my work and thought I would be a good fit to capture Miami street style.

(Side bar: This is how I felt: OMG! Refinery29 has my email?! Knows my name?!)

Needless to say, my response to this email is obvious. A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of shooting my first assignment for the "1 girl, 4 looks" part of their site. I can't wait for the write up to post so I can share some pics.

I was just assigned on my second assignment, style stalking Miami's most notable fancy footwork. I'm so thrilled to play Bill Cunningham this weekend, might actually wear blue in his honor - sans bicycle, I'm not that coordinated. I'm highly looking forward to shooting some great material, if you see me on the streets staring you down, take it as a compliment, and let me snap your pic ;)

*picture of my best friend's shoes and their anniversary date 11/15 :)